It is said that “an apple a day, keeps the doctor away”. In today’s technology, you need more than an “apple” to keep employees healthy and free from injury at work. Our full line of ergonomic Worksite analysis services gives you the edge you need in preventing workplace injuries, repetitive motion or material handling type while achieving compliance with appropriate state and federal laws. Worksite International has pioneered ergonomic Worksite analysis (EWA) services in the bay area since our inception in 1993.
- Individual or Groups: Whether one employee, ten or 250+ employees need evaluations, we have the services and tools to support your evaluation needs. Using online evaluation tools, self-assessment strategies and live evaluation methods, we can address your individual, department or organizational evaluation needs.
- Preventive Ergonomic Worksite Analysis (EWA) (Ergo Coaching, Initial Ergonomics Screens (IES) or Level 1): Our Preventive ergonomic evaluations are designed for employees with no symptoms, low or moderate discomfort but have no diagnosed medical condition or workers’ compensation claim. Our preventive evaluation service offers you the basics of an ergonomic eval in the office, lab or material handling environment. Ergo-Coaching is a quick fix approach to assisting employees with targeted needs. Our IES and Level I evaluations include a brief interview with the employee to identify primary work tasks performed routinely; critical anthropometric measures relative to the employee and their workstation; review of ergonomic risk factors; education, training and quick fixes to maximize equipment placement and use addressing any ergonomic risk factors. All services include varying degrees of reporting to give you specific actionable findings and recommendations. On-site time: 15-30-60 minutes per area evaluated depending on service selected.
- Non-Occupational (Medical): WI’s Non‐Occupational Medical EWA service can be prescribed by an employee’s physician or requested directly by the employer to assist with accommodating an individual with a diagnosed medical condition (no workers’ compensation claim). We utilize the same features found in the Preventive EWA but offer more detail specific to minimizing aggravation of the medical condition while supporting the employee in achieving the essential functions with reasonable accommodations. This evaluation is a preventive approach to FEHA/ADA and FMLA needs where there are no legal or performance factors involved. On-site time: Approximately 2 hours.
Industrial Ergonomic Worksite Analysis and Consultation
Our industrial ergonomics consultation and evaluation services are available for non-office or non-traditional jobs, processes or tasks. Our expertise lies in evaluating how people work; from single tasking to complex multi-tasking environments. We focus on the tools and materials handled, the physical demands of work, the ergonomic risk factors of force, repetition and posture, the environment and other critical factors. We identify all feasible solutions using valid methods of measurement to reduce the likelihood of injury or illness as well as improve productivity and efficiency while reducing waste. We are experienced in light and heavy manufacturing industries, technology, Biopharma, Biotech and light assembly as well as complex healthcare environments and many other industries.
- Manufacturing, Technology, Biopharma, BioTech, Light Assembly
- Non-office environments (Police, Fire, Maintenance)
- Healthcare environments
Worksite International Ergonomics Process (WIEP)
We built our reputation on the WIEP and offer clients a customized approach to developing and managing an ergonomics process. With over 20 years’ experience in macro-ergonomics, we see the best results when ergonomics is applied at an organizational level, operationalized on a day to day basis. Whether you take a team approach or have a single source directing the process, our system offers proven tools and techniques to reduce the onset of injury and illness and minimize the impact of existing workers’ compensation claims or non-occupational disorders using ergonomics to drive change in your organization. The WIEP Start-up Tool Kit is a licensed program that includes consultation, tools and forms needed to get your organization started with a nationally and internationally recognized system. Click here to visit our scientific white papers in “Our Results” section to see how our clients have performed over the years using the WIEP.
Facility Design Planning with Ergonomics
Our facility planning process is a systematic approach for developing the physical setting of an organization or institution while keeping ergonomics in the forefront. It helps an organization manage one of its most important assets, the space that it occupies. When renovating or relocating, don’t bring the same design flaws with you to the next location; plan your design with ergonomics in mind. Recent developments in the Green Design Movement has integrated the need for ergonomics in design. The US Green Building Council launched the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating System to promote integrated, sustainable, whole-building design and operation. Within the 6 categories to achieve LEED certification is the Innovation and Design process which requires the integration of ergonomics into the plan. Worksite International, Inc. helps clients achieve the ergonomics requirements of LEED.
Pre-Hire/Post Offer Screen Design
We combine our job analysis service in creating an ADA compliant screen that can be used pre-hire as an agility test or post –offer and fitness for duty test. The screen is designed to accurately reflect the physical demands required to perform the job so you can hire and place the most fit and qualified employees to the job. (WI does not test or evaluate employees.)
Preferred Ergonomics Purchasing Program
Just because a product says it’s ergonomic doesn’t mean that it is ergonomic. Selecting, purchasing and installing ergonomic products suitable for the office or other environments requires a knowledgeable and understanding selection process. Our Preferred Ergonomics Purchasing Program takes the guess work out of what to purchase and why. We will identify the best products within your budget and the vendors who provide them to make it easy for your purchasing, facilities, IT, supervisors and managers to buy with confidence. We’ll help you specify chairs, adjustable height work surfaces, keyboard trays, monitor arms, alternative keyboards, mice and other products to meet your budget, your employee and your work process needs so that it fits with your ergonomics program.
Employee wellness and wellbeing are an essential component of a healthy and productive workplace. Studies show when your employees are healthy and happy, your organization will be more profitable. Implementing a variety of Worksite wellness strategies helps keep your employees productive and effective at work with reduced absence.
- Stretch-Time On-Site Stretching and Self-Care Program: Our Stretch-Time Program is just what your employees need to get moving and invigorated throughout the day. Designed (and instructed) by a Physical Therapist, this 12 minute program addresses the cardio-vascular and musculoskeletal system from head to toe. It also provides employees with valuable self-care advice to manage mild musculoskeletal discomfort often experienced as a result of day to day activities and aging.
- Safe Work Practices: Our Safe Work Practices educational materials help employees to better understand safe and unsafe work postures while providing your supervisor’s performance- based documentation. Formulated from over two decades of observing employees at work, these interactive lists help your employees understand the dos and don’ts of how to work safely and develop better work habits. Available for Office, Material Handling and Lab environments and can be customized specific to any job.
- Wellness Program Design and Development: We model our wellness program after the CDC’s Work@Health Program. We’ll provide training and support to you and your wellness team to help you launch and manage your program to achieve a healthier and happier workforce.